[ 1:36 PM ]
On Dreaming

There it is, my typewriter sitting in the middle of that long dark cherrywood table. Yes, that's right, a
typewriter. No more PCs or laptops. I'm going to write using a good ol' typewriter. It shall be black, and very noisy. A rustic aura shall surround this humble instrument that captured the brilliant thoughts and imagination of many great intelligent men.
The breeze will be blowing into the room through the French windows. Through them, I watch the sea. Yes, it's a house by the sea. An endless horizon of shimmering blues that rendevous with the azure sky. As the zephyr teases my manuscript, I carefully place the paperweights on them. Paperweights of pretty pebbles and seashells collected from my walks that whisper to whoever listens stories of the sea.
Tap, tap, tap. I start to write. Happily indulging in the wonderment of boundless imagination and the impetus of roaming thoughts.
Tap, tap, tap.He comes into the room. "Dinner's almost ready", he says.
Tap, tap, tap."Alright, awhile more".
Tap, tap, tap. Half an hour later, he marches in and whisks me away from my trusty typewriter, literally dragging me out of the room and sits me at the dinner table. Tonight, dinner shall be served in the garden. The sun is setting and coats everything in warm honey-golden hues.
Fresh daisies form the centrepiece, picked directly from the garden. The marinara will taste perfect, with fresh seafood bought from the pier that very morning. Dessert shall be homemade vanilla ice-cream. Plain, boring and comforting vanilla ice-cream. Just the way I like it. He uncorks a bottle of Pinot Noir, for no special reason at all. We toast to nothing and everything.
Clink.Wine glass in hand, we take a walk by the seaside. The wind from the sea shrouds us in salty bliss. Stars twinkle shyly as we sit by the docks, gazing.
We walk back and I decide to laze in the hammock by the house. He joins me and soon we drift away in sweet slumber. Before I let my dreams take me away, I whisper to him.
I love you.And the winds shall carry them over the sea and far away...