[ 4:17 AM ]
It's been awhile.
Apologies for the lack of updates, but I've been on a whirlwind travelling spur and another one is coming up in a few days.
Too much have happened since the last, here's a few things off the top of my head!
So it was farewell to my fellow exchangies- best group of friends I could ever ask for. We're so different in so many ways, yet we gel so well together. It's been a blast, and moments shared with you guys shall remain in my fondest memories :)
Lapland was a dream, especially for an equatorial girl. I've never seen so much snow in my life! All the way to my knees, we could hardly walk properly. Snow is wonderful- pretty and fluffy and light and pure... Blanched fragilities.
Now Lapland remains the place where so many of my dreams came true. I'm indeed a lucky girl. Reindeers, snowangels, skiing, snowball fights, cosy cottage, snowmen, barbeque, sauna, star-studded sky with constant showers of falling stars and simply breathtaking nature. I was living in a wonderland, one captured in the most beautiful snowglobe you could find :)
And I did the craziest thing ever in Lapland. At least now I've something cool to say when someone asks "What's the craziest thing you've ever done?"!
You guys can ask me about it when I'm back, no point spilling it all here now eh? ;)
And then it was time for my promised visit to Andrea's. It was so nice to meet up again- thanks for showing me around! Finally, I was surrounded by Singaporean peers again and it felt so nice to have some sort of familiarity around. Singaporeans united! The Xmas dinner they prepared was so amazing and it felt like home away from home :)
Belgium was wonderful. It was cold, but not cold enough to snow. But I was there at the right time, the festive mood was simply fantastic. Don't get me started on the food. I was in the land famous for chocolates, waffles, icecream, mussels, beer and fries. I'M ON DETOX NOW. Andrew was a great host, and his house is HUGE! It's like staying in a hotel. Lucky boy. Oh yeah, I'm a certified longboarder now! Wheee!
Brussels had beautiful lights and amazing Xmas markets, Antwerp is fabulous for retail therapy and Bruges is adorably picturesque. I'm really glad I went to Belgium, even though it was not on my initial list of places to visit. Pleasant surprise indeed!
Bit tired of travelling for now, probably due to the fact that I was stuck in transit for six hours in Riga yesterday. Well well, my final Eurotrip is coming up really soon and I'm gonna enjoy every moment of it I'm sure :)
You guys at home have been sorely missed. Proof comes in a heavy luggage containing lotsa souvenirs gathered from all over Europe :)
I'm trying not to let the fact that the next few days are going to be my last in Helsinki sink in yet... It's time for me to move on, but I've never been good at letting go.
I'm ready for home, are you ready for me?
Happy belated Christmas everyone!